Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Getting back

Our time in North Battleford was wonderful, too short but wonderful. I got a lot of visiting in with many people I haven't seen for what seems like a long time. I left feeling very rich and very blessed for having gone there. As seems to be our usual, we brought a few extra people back with us on our return trip, this time though instead of always seeming to attract boys we managed to attract two girls and an extra boy. Good but long trip, it was after midnight when we pulled into our driveway. I headed for bed fairly quickly, glad that Rod had Monday off and we didn't have to try to unpack right then.
Morning came way too quickly. I made it to my appointment for the MUGA scan on time but I must have left my veins back on vacation. The tech I had has been the same tech for all my MUGA's and my bone scans and has never had trouble before but yesterday my veins just did not seem to like being poked. Due to the trouble she was having she changed things up and did not remove blood and add tracer to it this time, instead she just injected the tracer into my vein.
After the MUGA I went into work for my first official half day back. There was a wonderful 'Welcome Back' basket waiting for me with all sorts of useful items as well as chocolate - they know my weakness ;). It felt good and right to be back and I managed not to embarrass myself too badly. Once home it was definitely nap time, followed by unpacking.
Today I tackled Costco in the morning and made it out to the lodge in the afternoon. The lodge was putting on a kinder, gentler Stampede that suited me perfectly. I had expected to have to do Mom's hair after her shower today but I was pleased to see that the nurses had done it for her, she seemed very pleased by this also. This left us with time to go outside and enjoy the sunny day along with the Stampede celebrations. There were a few different stations where the residents could show off their skills at milking, throwing horseshoes or tossing pancakes. It was fun to cheer the residents on and have a chance to visit with them.
When I was at Costco they had some perennials right at the front of the store that hadn't fared all that well on their trip east. They were selling them for a good price and I picked a few that looked like they could thrive with a little tender loving care. I hope to provide that for them in the next few days. The rest of my plants did very well while we were away, Rod's hard work beforehand in setting up soaker hoses and timers on the faucets paid off beautifully. I also couldn't resist a couple of other deals at Costco - one is a 'sail shade' that is triangular in shape and should be nice strung over the lower part of our deck or over the back stone patio area. The other deal was a package of pretty solar lights for the tables. It all seems to be coming together.
I guess I should probably save some of my money for celebrating Caleb's birthday - which happens to be tomorrow. I'm sure he would appreciate that although I think he feels he already has everything he could want with Leisha, Paisley and of course, Charlie. I hear that Lilly had a lemonade and Rice Krispie stand today and was expecting to make some pretty good money so maybe I can ask her for a loan if I need one. ;)

Take care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment