Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Keep Calm and Drink Tea

Today was a good day!

It started very relaxed and slow in my favorite way with breakfast in bed. I moved to my 'trusty recliner' by 0800 and read for a bit, this was followed by a little TV watching and then getting ready for the day and some housework.

I received an invitation from my sister-in-law, Carol and 'special friend' Ev to go to The Saskatoon Farm with them for lunch, we met our friends Dawn and Brenda there. The farm is a beautiful place with so much to see, very refreshing and healing atmosphere. The food, conversation and company at lunch was wonderful, I was so pleased to be able to thoroughly enjoy and not feel too tired.

Once done lunch Ev, Carol and I wandered a little and looked at all the pictures, plaques and garden accessories offered. I also bought some frozen, unbaked saskatoon and white chocolate scones for a birthday brunch on Saturday for Rod (don't tell him ;). Ev bought some fresh corn and potatoes for their supper this evening.

Once back at my place Carol and Ev had yet another gift  - this time it was a carousel of 12 different teas and two individual teapots for Rod and I. The saying on the teapots is 'Keep Calm and Drink Tea'. No detail was overlooked, the teapots even match the red accent color that I use in our family room.

I also received the 'buffs' I had ordered online today. Buffs are tubes of stretchy material made popular on TV's Survivor, they come in handy as kind of stylish head coverings. I showed the ladies these, my Natalie wig and the other head accessories that I have in waiting for next week. I am noticing that my scalp is starting to be a little tender, a first sign that the hair will soon be taking a vacation. I'm glad to have these things in place.

So thankful for days like today that I can 'take out and remember' on the not so good days. Life is good.

Take care.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, an excellent motto for a wonderful past time (or is that obsession) ;)
    Loved your recent blog post on tea, learned a lot

    ReplyDelete