Thursday, August 8, 2013

Recharging

Today has been a dull and cloudy day with rain. I still seem to be feeling the effects of last Thursday's Herceptin and my energy reserves need a good recharging.

While I am in the 'transitioning back to work' phase I am meeting with my doctor for 15 minutes every two weeks so we can take stock of how I am progressing. When I met with her on Tuesday a.m. she was asking about my fatigue levels. As we talked I like the picture that she 'drew' for me. She told me to imagine myself as having a battery that had been severely depleted and now is needing recharging. Even though I 'plug' it in every night it may only be recharging to 25 - 50 percent at this point in time, so as I go about trying to resume my daily activities my energy reserves will still be depleted sooner as there are less to draw from. It sure rings true today!

I have retired for the evening about an hour ago and, with the weather the way it is and a few other happenings I was beginning to let myself become a little discouraged - especially as I looked ahead and realized life was only going to get busier. My thoughts were running in the direction of wondering 'what if' my energy levels never returned to 'normal', could I fit everything in?

I read ahead in the 'Jesus Calling' book by Sarah Young to August 10th and, once again, it helped me to re-direct my thoughts -

Relax in My healing holy Presence. Allow me to transform you through this time alone with Me. As your thoughts center more and more on Me, trust displaces fear and worry. Your mind is somewhat like a seesaw. As trust in Me goes up, fear and worry automatically go down. Time spent with Me not only increases your trust; it also helps you to discern what is important and what is not.

Energy and time are precious, limited entities. Therefore, you need to use them wisely, focusing on what is truly important. As you walk close to me, saturating your mind with Scripture, I will show you how to spend your time and energy. My Word is a lamp to your feet; My Presence is a Light for your path. 

Guess I'll leave the 'what if's' with Him. Time to refocus yet again and recharge.

Goodnight, take care everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment