Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year

New Year's Eve was a quiet one for Rod and I but we did manage to stay up to ring in the New Year together, thanks to two short daytime naps on my part. Leah had posted a short video of Keiran on Facebook, so I had it ready. At the stroke of midnight I played it, Keiran wished us an 'ap-py New Year!' This brought a big smile to Rod's face :)

Yesteday morning, we talked to both Mom's and then went over to the rehab facility to visit with my Mom. She was having lunch when we got there so we sat with her and her meal partner and visited. Following lunch we took Mom outside. It was a beautiful warm and sunny day and the mountains were very clear in the background, nice to be outside and able to enjoy it together.

Rod and I wanted to start the New Year right diet-wise so we decided to go to Chili's Texas Grill and order a fajita trio between the two of us, substituting lettuce wraps for the tortillas. Great lunch to share and somehow it made us feel so righteous after our Christmas holiday indulgences ;)

The rest of the afternoon and evening were spent at home, I did walk on the treadmill for 35 minutes, most of it at 2.5 at an incline of 2, progress - slow,  but still progress! I read a quote the other day that said  'I may be slow but I'm lapping everyone sitting on the couch' ;)

I have some goals that I have set for myself for the next month and today I will make a start on making them reality. Nothing overly ambitious but it feels good to be looking ahead.

Take care everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment