Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Money Matters

On Monday when Rod and I went to Costco we found many good deals so we stocked up on non-perishable items, we even found a couple of great sweaters for Rod that were half price. The sweaters had the checkout ladies talking and working out how they could take advantage of the deal before their shift was over and/or they were sold out. Next week I will also be getting my annual Costco rebate check which will cover more than one Costco trip, nice to have that to look forward to.

Yesterday, as I waited in the carwash line I cleaned out my wallet and added the grocery coupons I get from my gas purchases together with the ones that Rod had acquired. I then went and purchased the grocery items that I don't or can't buy at Costco. As the coupons were entered my bill went down to one quarter of what it had been originally. It is somehow very satisfying to see the numbers going down right in front of your eyes, wish it worked that way with weight loss ;).

My 'to do' list for yesterday afternoon included calling our local cable company and re-negotiating some of the services we are receiving. In doing this I was able to cut that bill in half, not bad for 10 minutes on the phone.

Next was to get some of my blue cross statements printed so we could submit to Rod's insurance. In the process I realized that I still have some credits for last year in my personal spending account that need to be used, good thing I was looking, I have some receipts I can submit for that.

While all of this felt very good, it didn't end there. In the mail I had a letter telling me that my car payments were covered for one more month - wonderful!

As I was still quietly celebrating my financially successful day Rod came home and handed me two coffee cards he had received - one for Tim Horton's and, if I have a taste for something different another day, one for Second Cup.

I'll say it again - I am blessed! Anyone want to go out for coffee? ;)

Take care everyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment