Sunday, January 20, 2013

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes ...

A while back I posted about my grandchildren sending me cards with the theme of 'My Favorite Things'. I was thinking of that this morning as I was looking in the mirror - 

 From the 'Sound of Music' lyrics -

'... snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes,
silver white winters that melt into springs,
these are a few of my favorite things.'


I am actually starting to grow eyelashes back and the snowflakes are sticking to them! :)
If  I use a magnifying glass I can also see the beginnings of eyebrows returning and there are prickles on my head that show promise of becoming hair.

From my 'Jesus Calling' book by Sarah Young this morning.  I am substituting some words which I have placed in parentheses to make it more personal for me - 

As you make plans for (this time), remember that it is I who orchestrate the events of your life. (In times) when things go smoothly, according to your plans, you may be unaware of My sovereign Presence. (In times) when your plans are thwarted, be on the lookout for Me! I may be doing something important in your life, something quite different from what you expected. It is essential at such times to stay in communication with Me, accepting My way as better than yours. Don't try to figure out what is happening. Simply trust Me and thank Me in advance for the good that will come out of it all. I know the plans I have for you, and they are good. 

The winter is showing promise of melting into spring ;)

Take care, everyone






No comments:

Post a Comment