Friday, January 18, 2013

The Power of Choice

Recently I purchased a book by a gentleman named Nic Vujicic who was born with tetra-amelia syndrome, a rare disorder characterised by the absence of all four limbs. The book is called 'Life without Limits' and details the struggles he had early in life and what has lead him to the rich and full life he is leading now. I am trying to get through a few other books at the moment so I thought I would let my mother read it first - she has been feeling a little discouraged with her progress following her recent hip fracture. 

In the past few days several of my friends posted a video on Facebook that featured Nic on an Oprah Lifeclass segment with Pastor Rick Warren. The subject of the Lifeclass is on 'living the hand you are dealt' and the power of choice.   It was very inspirational and has motivated me to 'choose' to get these other books read faster so that I can read Nic's book. I know Mom will have finished the book, I think my friend Ev has secretly been giving her speed reading lessons ;). 

Here is the link to the Oprah Lifeclass segment -
http://.youtube.com/#/watch?sns=fb&v=ZPW3EB5U0bo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DZPW3EB5U0bo%26sns%3Dfb

Here are three other quotes that I feel go nicely with the video -

Do what you can with what you have where you are - Theodore Roosevelt

Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change - Wayne Dyer

When we are no longer able to change the situation - we are challenged to change ourselves - Viktor E. Frankl

Take care everyone and have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment