Thursday, October 3, 2013

Endings

It seems appropriate that I am starting this post from the chemo chair where I am having my last Herceptin treatment.
I have titled this post 'Endings' as I also said goodbye to my Mother early Monday a.m., September 30th, 2013. Her funeral will be tomorrow.
It has been a week - in all honesty - it has been quite a year and a bit. I am very thankful to be having my last Herceptin today, I am looking forward to getting over the side effects and then, hopefully regaining more energy and moving on with life.
I plan to write a few posts over the next few weeks to relate the experiences of the past couple of days/weeks.
For now, I will go and ring that bell at the chemo desk to signify one very important ending in my life.
Take care everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother, Laura. But so glad she won't be suffering anymore. I was comforted yesterday when they sang, "I Want to Stroll Over Heaven With You," at church. Came home and googled it and found out it was an Alan Jackson hit. So someday you will be able to stroll over the golden streets and the green grass of heaven with your Mum. What a day that will be! Denise, Neilburg, SK

    ReplyDelete