Monday, February 4, 2013

Rests

Saturday's workshop on 'Singing Harmony' was everything I was hoping it would be and more. Magnolia Buckskin has suggested putting on a 'Singing Harmony 2' workshop for those of use who participated in this one. There was also the suggestion that it might be fun to have a Wellspring choir. I think I would like that.

In music 'rests' play a very important part, the pauses they indicate help to define the rhythm of the song.

I am becoming better at making room for 'rests' in the music of my days - alternating times of activity with times of rest - today found me doing some light housework first thing, then organizing myself to pay some bills, make some calls, etc. while I sat. I followed that with some laundry, this entailed a few trips up and down stairs so I rewarded myself with another rest where I listened to an audio lecture on iTunes University. I am really enjoying the iTunes University app, there is a lot of free information from good universities and it makes me feel a little more 'righteous' when I do something like this than when I watch a 'chick flick' ;) (although I have been known to do that also when my mind does not want to be challenged too much).

This afternoon I drove over to the rehab facility and packed up most of Mom's things. She is excited but a little anxious about moving back. I spoke to the lodge and the pharmacy on Friday and the team lead from the rehab facility this a.m. so all is set. My friend Dawn will meet us at the lodge to help bring in Mom's things with me. I am hoping that I can set up a hair appointment while I am there, she has missed having her weekly hair appointment while convalescing.

That was the rest and activity for the early part of the afternoon. The next rest was sitting in the car wash line waiting for my turn, all this warm weather melting the snow so quickly has certainly been keeping the car washes in business.

Rod had the day off today so he met me at Costco and helped with the grocery buying, we may have bought a few other things than food while there ;).  I have all Mom's equipment and now her clothes, etc in my car for tomorrow so it was good to have Rod's truck to pack the groceries etc. in.

The next rest was rush hour traffic on the way home, not much you can do about that but be patient and hope there are no accidents to make it worse, today was good in that regard.

Once groceries were put away and Mom's laundry started I made up some salads and put the main course in the oven while we ate the salads. This is where I have learned to delegate some more. Rod took over serving up the rest of supper and cleaning up, allowing me to rest a little longer.

When I finish this I'll go make myself walk on the treadmill and then hopefully to night my rest will not be too disturbed by the tamoxifen side effects.

Take care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment