Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Recharging

The weekend was good for me to re-charge and for the past two days I feel that my energy is on the way back up. That is a good feeling! :)

I had my oncologist appointment yesterday a.m. You know that you are further along and doing well in the treatment course when the oncology fellow is sent to see you, rather than the oncologist. I passed my labwork and my MUGA scan results allow me to continue receiving the Herceptin treatments. I only had a very slight drop in the LVEF and I still have a good margin before the level that they would decide to hold the Herceptin. That means that my next four Herceptin treatments have been booked out, starting with this Thursday and I will have another MUGA and oncologist appointment booked for three months from now before the last set. 

With that out of the way I stopped in to see my mother but I still do not have any word on what the plans are for her yet. She is still pretty determined about the four wheel walker even though they are once again having her use a two wheeled one at the hospital. I am going to look around and see if I can find a two wheeled walker that has a seat and basket on it, preferably in black, and show it to her to see if it would be something that she would be agreeable to.

I didn't have too much to get at Costco so that went quickly and allowed for some lunch and rest before my afternoon appointments. The first was another quick visit for tea with Norman, we both took away some edibles; I think the ones I was sent home with were a little on the higher calorie side - chocolate caramel brownies and an apple scone this time. Kenny made quick work of the brownie I gave him, I will share mine with Rod and make it last a little longer.

The following appointment at BCSCF was good and I have homework. The topic was Stress Management and my homework involves listing activities that I have found relaxing and enjoyable in the past and choosing two of them to start doing regularly again, also looking at new activities that I might want to pursue. It also involves making a list of signs that indicate that I am getting stressed. Just the stress of doing the homework should help me identify some of those ;).


I didn't realize about the bombings at the Boston marathon until after my appointment. What sad news to come home to - so senseless. It is hard to imagine what would enter someone's mind that they would commit such a horrendous action. My prayers go out to all the victims and their families.

Today has been a quiet one at home.

Take care, everyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment