Monday, April 1, 2013

No Fooling

Today is April Fool's Day. I think that one of the biggest jokes on me this year is that both my driver's license and my passport have to be renewed, today was the last day to renew my driver's license. I waited until the last minute because I wanted to benefit from every last millimeter of hair growth before I had to submit to having the picture taken that will represent me on my license for the next five years.

The registry office wasn't too busy so I was able to get to the counter with a 'nice young man' (I really must be getting old when I think of the people who help me in this way). We went through all the information, he made me take an eye test which I thankfully passed. Then he took me over to the camera for the picture. I asked where to look and then smiled. He immediately, and with a straight face, told me I could not smile as this was a 'government office and there is no joy allowed here'. That made me smile bigger, to which he added 'No fooling'. We managed to get a picture that I could live with and I left with my temporary license, the permanent one to arrive in the mail within the next couple of weeks.

I awoke to the news that my daughter-in-law won the contest that so many of us were working hard to help her win. I tried to stay up until midnight last night to see the results but couldn't do it. When Rod told me about it this a.m., my first response was 'No fooling?' A hard day to learn that you have won a contest, it would be difficult at first to know if it was true. It turns out it is true and we are very happy for her.

I saw this video on Facebook today and was at first a little alarmed as to what I might be encountering on my next flight -
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BQv0VwwVwKU

Following my trip to the registry office I made my trip to Costco and now that the groceries are put away and lunch has been had I am once again in my recliner. I still find it a strange sensation to have the ends of my toes and fingers feel numb and tingly, like coming in from the cold, they are distracting me as I write.  I can ignore them better when I am out and about however I have orders to have a nap every afternoon - no fooling!

Take care, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment