Friday, June 14, 2013

Hair Again

This will be a quick catch up post on my week, it has been a busy one.

I picked the title as I made an appointment for my Mom to have her hair done. The hairdresser that was so handy at the lodge quit about a month ago and Mom really misses having her weekly hair appointments with her, it really made her week to have her hair done and know she was looking good. I found a place close to where I live that does roller sets, yesterday afternoon I picked Mom up and brought her in for her appointment. At first the hairdresser thought I was her customer and she looked a little shocked as I'm sure she wondered why I would need a cut and how in the world she was going to get rollers into my hair ;). I introduced her to Mom and then sat nearby and visited with them through Mom's appointment. Mom was initially apprehensive when she saw the picture in the washroom of a very 'out there' hairstyle, shaved in the back, asymmetric in the front, complete with pink and blue streaks highlighted. She kept asking if it was really necessary to have the cut and then kept making sure she wouldn't go too short. At the end of the appointment she was very pleased with the outcome.

I have gone into work two mornings this week, this a.m. I was at one of the hospitals for a demonstration of an application. I saw several people I have not seen in a year and was told by one that she really liked my haircut. When I was sitting with Mom yesterday I realized that I had not been in a hair salon since August 2012, that was quite the haircut ;). I have saved considerable money on hair and hair products since then.

I want to do a post soon on my back garden. I want to add some pictures but have some weeds to contend with first and it has rained the last couple of days. Sunday is supposed to be a sunny day so I will aim to get the pictures taken then.

When I got home this afternoon there was a call waiting for me to tell me that Mom had fallen during the night. They felt she was OK but had hit her eye. I was telling Rod on Sunday that I was getting concerned that she might fall again as a few times that day she took off the brake on the wheelchair instead of putting it on. Mom is so independent that she has been refusing to call the staff for help in getting up and to and from the washroom, especially at night. I hope this little scare makes her extra careful and the staff extra vigilant.

Kenny wrote his first diploma exam yesterday, part B of that one is on Tuesday and then he will only have the Biology diploma to write before he is done. After that it's a brief vacation and then to work, for both of us ;)

I will leave you with a Keiran quote. After they were here last weekend he told his mother that -
Next time I want to stay at Grandma Laura's forever - like three weeks!

Take care, everyone

2 comments:

  1. Years (and years) back, I read a kids book about a bad little rabbit who was changed into a sort of monster for punishment. The punch line was Hare Today, Goon Tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my boys favorite stories (songs), now being enjoyed by my grandchildren :)

    ReplyDelete