Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Moving on

So much has happened since my last post.

It seems the date of June 20th will continue to be memorable each year. Two years ago I got my second esophageal biopsy results back that day, last year it was the breast cancer diagnosis and this year it will be remembered for the flooding in southern Alberta.

It was quite something to drive to and from my Herceptin treatment last Thursday and see the difference in the level of the Bow River in just a few hours. There are many incredible stories, pictures and videos out there of the flooding situation. Our house did not suffer any damage or power outages and our family are all well. We are very thankful. The city is now moving on towards recovery and restoration, an incredible place to live with so many inspiring people.

The Herceptin continues to have it's side effects with each treatment but as of last one only 15 more weeks to go. I am very hopeful that many of my aches and pains will go away once that treatment is complete but in the meantime I am moving on and trying to make my days as normal as possible, some days I am more successful at that than others.

I will officially start back to work the week of July 8th. It will be a busy week with two half days of work, a MUGA scan and an MRI in addition to my new hobby of gardening and getting in the requisite exercise.

We are waiting for the arrival of Paisley, tomorrow she is 40 weeks so she is welcome to introduce herself anytime now, she has done well to stay put during the flooding but I'm sure her dad and especially her mom think it's time for her to move on.

Today is a dentist appointment for Kenny, then a quick touch base with Norman. Tonight Rod has hockey so it will be an early supper, then tomorrow I am looking forward to meeting Lilly, Keiran and Forrest's Grandma Kass while she has a layover at the airport on her way home. After that we have a lovely young couple who are getting married very soon coming over for the evening.

Time to move on to the shower and get this day started.

Take care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment