Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Time Flies

This week has gone by in a blur so far. I continue to have hopes of posting pictures of my garden, I did weed diligently on the weekend but it has been raining fairly consistently since, the grass is growing and needs some grooming in order to show off it's best side and the weeds are loving the rain, possibly even more than my other plants are. I will get there. The reading in 'Jesus Calling' this a.m. was once again appropriate when it comes to trying to control my house and garden this week (most weeks if I'm honest ;)

I am the firm foundation on which you can dance and sing and celebrate My Presence. This is My high and holy calling for you; receive it as a precious gift. Glorifying and enjoying me is a higher priority than maintaining a tidy, structured life. Give up your striving to keep everything under control - an impossible task and a waste of precious energy.

My guidance for each of my children is unique. That's why listening to Me is so vital for your well-being. Let Me prepare you for the day that awaits you and point you in the right direction ...

I have been into work each morning so far this week, yesterday afternoon I went out and saw my mother. She really does have an incredibly black and blue eye, nothing subtle about it.

Last evening the BEAUTY program had a party to celebrate two years of giving guidance and support for staying active and healthy through breast cancer treatment. There was a great turnout and it was good to see people I knew and meet others I did not. We all left with a gift bag from their generous sponsors.

This afternoon was a trip to the dentist after I left work. Did I mention that I continue to get hair comments? ;) The other 'c' word is curly now so I either get a comment that it's cute or that it's so curly. There was a bit of an awkward moment when a dental assistant who didn't know about the past year saw me walk past and while she was with another patient asked me why my hair was so curly now. I blamed chemo, she didn't seem taken aback or anything just commented on how interesting it was that chemo did that to some people. My teeth/mouth are doing great by the way :)

Tomorrow is already the one year anniversary of the breast cancer diagnosis. I will be getting my Herceptin infusion again tomorrow which somehow seems appropriate as I celebrated other anniversaries in the chemo area this year. I also received my MRI date this week and I should be able to remember it as it is Caleb's birthday. That week will be a MUGA scan on the Monday, the MRI on the Wednesday and then the following Monday I will have labwork and once again visit with the oncologist to see if I'm good to go for the last set of Herceptin infusions.

Time flies

Take care everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment