Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Sun Will Rise

There are lots of thoughts going over in my mind today.

Spring seems slowly to be encroaching on winter and we have had some beautiful sunny days. I love walking into my kitchen on these bright sunny mornings. There is a feeling of hope as I look at the pots I have planted with bulbs for replanting in the yard when the time is right.

I'm amazed at the ability of the human body to heal, just a week ago I was quite miserable with my cold and with the discomfort of the radiation burns and today I only have the remnants of a cough and I see good progress with my skin.

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday and there is always the message of new life and hope as we celebrate this holiday.

After I visited my mother on Thursday and again today I walked past a chalkboard that caught my attention. The message written on the board is - 'you cannot reach for the new if your hands are full of yesterday's junk'. It made me pause and think both times as I read it. So many ways that we can apply this truth to our lives, both in the literal and practical application and also regarding what we might be holding onto in other areas. My house has known a long winter of neglect and I feel that it is time to start the process of cleaning, decluttering and purging. It is time to let go of that which is no longer useful but still taking time and energy. This frees up space and time for those things that are truly important - both old and new.

When I returned home today I treated myself to an afternoon watching the movie 'Les Miserables'. It was very well done and the final song made more of an impression than it ever has in the past -


Do you hear the people sing
Lost in the valley of the night?
It is the music of a people
Who are climbing to the light.
For the wretched of the earth
There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end
And the sun will rise!

The Son has risen! 

Take care everyone.




1 comment: