Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day before surgery

I think it was funny that I posted yesterday about getting up at 0530 every morning as per usual and then this a.m. we somehow both managed to sleep right through the alarm and wake up after 0600. I still have had a very peaceful and productive morning and I wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers, they are felt and are being effective. I have a real calmness and I am just going about checking off all the things still on my list of things to do.
My shopping 'sister' told me yesterday about a wonderful local service for people with cancer, it is called Compassionate Beauty. It has a combination of services for people with cancer including spa type treatments; specialty clothing items, headwear including scarves, wigs and sleep caps. What a wonderful service to provide, I will definitely be checking them out postop.
This evening I have booked a hair appointment with my hairdresser. I know that I will be restricted somewhat with my right shoulder/arm movement postop so I want my hair to be a little easier to work with, I gave her the heads up to think about what might work for me. This hairdresser has seen me right before surgeries in 2008 and 2009 so the tradition continues.
I would ask everyone who is praying and thinking of me to also include my family members, I think it will be harder on them, I get to sleep through the surgery but they will be waiting anxiously for news.
I have asked my husband to post tomorrow on my behalf, once the surgery is complete.
Take care, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates, Laura. Read a post today and thought of you, Peace is not the absence of conflict but the presence of God. Rest in the blessings of His peace in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for doing this blog so that we can fight this battle with you and your family. So many of friends have done this, and it is the perfect way for us all to know truly how you are, how we can support you, and to ensure you know we are praying for you and your loved ones several times per day. We will be crying with you, laughing with you, and celebrating all those little baby steps and milestones with you. Phil and I include you in our prayers and know that the Lord will touch you with his healing hand and keep you strong. We all love you and are going through this with you... Big hugs, lots of love, and prayers every moment we think of you. Sherry & Phil

    ReplyDelete