Thursday, June 21, 2012

Telling family and friends

This is the part I was dreading, having to tell people about my diagnosis.
We told two of our boys, the 2nd and 4th, on Wednesday evening at our house. Following that we phoned the oldest and his wife and gave them the news. Our third plays in a slow pitch league and had a game that evening so we asked if he could come over tonight as we had something we wanted to discuss.
I had a meeting for work in the afternoon; my mother lives close to where the meeting was so I dropped by there to talk to her in person, she is quite deaf in both ears and I felt that if she could see me she would feel better as I appear to be quite healthy.
I also told some of my co-workers and my manager during this time period and find myself suddenly off work while treatment is in progress - how life can change from one day to the next!
Reactions varied; there were tears and sometimes laughter but my worst fear was that people would be angry and I haven't encountered that yet; at least to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment