Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Life as Laura

This week has been another busy one and tomorrow will be no different with radiation in the morning, my return to work class in the afternoon and then my Herceptin infusion late afternoon. I will do a quick post this evening to catch up. I thought it might be fun to do that by making 'Laura is' statements. Here goes -
Thursday evening - Laura is very happy she decided to purchase tickets for the C. S. Lewis one man play - excellent evening with Rod, Brad and Dawn, and Patty, Calvin and Mitchell.
Friday lunch with the ladies - Laura is so blessed to have such wonderful support from so many friends and co-workers past and present, it was a wonderful lunch and so nice to visit with everyone again. We had a round table which allowed us all to catch up on each others lives as a group. When  the bills came Laura is the recipient of the senior's discount with her new hair ;)
Saturday and Sunday - Laura is tired and taking it easy, must be the senior coming out.
Monday - Laura is mom and chauffeur to Kenny who was sick and had stayed home from school. His biology teacher, however, called my cell phone and wanted him to come in to school and write a unit test that had to be written that day 'unless he is on his deathbed'. He said Kenny was doing well but didn't want him to get behind. You can imagine how well that went over with Kenny. I drove him over after my radiation treatment, went to Costco and then waited in the parking lot at the school for another hour before he completed the test.
Tuesday - Laura is daughter and chauffeur to my Mom who had a Cast Clinic appointment. The doctor says she has healed well, she needs to start walking more but otherwise she is good to go. At the hospital there is a shortcut hallway to the Cast Clinic area and it was on this part that I realized that Laura is definitely needing to 'up her bench'. There was an incline which taxed my ability to push the wheelchair up it and then there was a decline that equally taxed my ability to pull back on the wheelchair and keep it from getting away on me. We did manage to make it safe and sound both ways. ;)
Wednesday - Laura is 'fifty shades of pink' - starting with having two male RT's doing the treatment today, completed by my skin's response to the radiation and several hot flashes added in. At my appointment with my radiation oncologist afterwards I was told that my skin is doing better than she had thought it would and that I might not even peel. I was pleased to hear that, Shannon will be also.
Finally, Laura is very cool as she drives around the city in the new Jeep Wrangler provided as a rental by the insurance company while my car is being repaired. Good thing I picked it up today, I'm positive I would never have been able to get Mom into it for her appointment yesterday, it's a bit of a step up even for me to get into.
Now, Laura is calling it a night.

Take care, everyone.

1 comment: