Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hair again ...

Well - there were several 'firsts' in the last couple of weeks in regards to hair. It was August 28th that I started wearing a wig or head covering and I was just so tired of it, especially with the 'climate changes' that chemo and Tamoxifen have brought on a regular basis so last weekend I ditched them all and went 'topless' in public for the first time. No one left the room screaming - that was a relief. It is coming in with the typical salt and pepper colour that I hear is common after chemo and it promises to be curly again, no surprise there.

I also had to pluck some stray eyebrow hairs prior to travelling last weekend and on Friday of this week I was able to put mascara on my eyelashes and make it stay there - progress indeed. The bottom lashes are more plentiful than the upper lashes just yet but they seem to be returning in the order they left - first to go, first to return.

Here's my latest photo with my new 'head of hair' (mostly head), eyebrows and eyelashes, I was practising as (wouldn't you know it!) this is the year I have to renew my license and my passport, the license before the end of March -
I loved my mother's reaction when I went to visit her yesterday - she took a look at me and said 'Well, your hair is growing, eh?'
Then she said - 'I wonder why it's growing in like that? I guess it's OK - but I wonder why it's growing in like that?'
I'm not sure what 'like that' means but it gave me a smile for the day.
We're having quite the snowstorm here - I'm hoping that it will have blown itself out before I have to head for my radiation appointment early tomorrow morning - my manager emailed our team and told everyone to stay off the roads and work from home tomorrow if it was still snowing  - these are the times I wish I wasn't in treatment and working instead ;).
Take care, everyone.

2 comments: