Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Waiting

Since being at Justin and Leah's my cold/bronchitis has lingered and the 'rays I caught' during my radiation treatments are certainly making themselves apparent on my skin, especially under my arm which is an interesting area to try to keep a dressing on. I think that I am making headway but I have not been up to see my mother in the hospital yet. I know that she is being well cared for but I am not the most patient at waiting and I don't want her to be worrying.

I have been very thankful once again for friends who took pity on Rod last week and invited him for meals and for those who visited my mother. My cousin Cheryl told Rod that Mom assured her that she had lots of visitors. 

My friend Ev has had a bronchitis that turned into a pneumonia in the last week. She told me that our friend Jane had admonished her to rest. She tells me - 'Believe me I'm the restiest rester in Restville'. :)
She posted this picture on Facebook today, the message and the picture are beautiful and it made me smile -
My reading in 'Jesus Calling' yesterday was also on the subject of 'waiting' -

Waiting on Me means directing your attention to Me in hopeful anticipation of what I will do. It entails trusting Me with every fiber of your being, instead of trying to figure things out yourself. Waiting on Me is the way I designed you to live:  all day, every day. I created you to stay conscious of Me as you go about your daily duties. 
I have promised many blessings to those who wait on Me:  renewed strength, living above one's circumstances, resurgence of hope, awareness of My continual Presence. Waiting on Me enables you to glorify Me by living in deep dependence on Me, ready to do My will. It also helps you to enjoy Me; in My Presence is fullness of Joy. 
Lamentations 3:24 - 26; Isaiah 40:31; Psalm 16:11 (NKJV)

I think I can rest in that.

Take care, everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment