Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Latest Goings-On

I will write a quick update, hopefully I will write more in the next couple of days.

I am currently immersed in the world of naps, snacks, cuddles, stories and arts and crafts.

Keiran tells me I am his 'favorite girl'.

He also has a wonderfully honest way about him. When I read him his story yesterday afternoon before nap time I asked if he would like to take the book into bed with him to look at. His answer was a firm 'No, I might pee on it'.

This afternoon I told him to run along to his room and I would be there in a minute to which he replied 'I'm going to walk, Grandma Laura'.

Forrest is getting to be quite the flirt with his big blue eyes. He loves the broom and the vacuum cleaner, as well as throwing and chasing balls.

Lilly is reading incredibly well for a girl in Grade One, very impressive. We had a date this morning where we went to a paint store and she painted a flower pot. It turned out very well but we had to leave it there until it dried. Afterwards we did a little shopping and then she guided me back to the house perfectly. She has a little treasure chest of gifts that she is collecting for me to take home, very precious indeed.

Rod just contacted me. He is finally feeling better today. He tells me that my Mom was confused when she phoned him on Monday and told him she was at the rehab facility. She is actually in hospital still and the nurse tells him this evening that she does have a fractured right hip and pelvis. On Monday the nurse he talked to told him there was a fractured pelvis and possible fractured hip but then called him back right away and said there were no fractures seen. He was told this evening that they were going to send her 'closer to home' tomorrow to recover  - this time they planned to send her to High River. High River is even farther away than last time they tried to send her 'closer to home', each time without talking to her or us when making their plans. Rod referred them to the electronic health record and her last two admissions - I find it a little sad that a layperson has to tell professionals to do this. There is a wealth of information in there that they could reference, including a very detailed discharge summary.

Forrest gets his immunization tomorrow so I will be having a date with Keiran in the morning. Best get my beauty sleep ;).

Take care everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment