Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Weekend of 'Wonderful'

Last weekend was a long weekend here and, contrary to what the weatherman had predicted, the weather was actually pretty good. I was kept very busy, which was to my liking and also meant for good sleeps.

On Saturday evening one of our good neighbours threw an impromptu block barbecue. It was lovely to catch up with the neighbours and their lives and just sit and relax with them. We have a wonderful group of neighbours who have kept our walk and driveway shoveled all winter and keep our front lawn looking good, one neighbour mows and waters it as we share a front lawn and another regularly edges it along the driveway and walkway. We are blessed.

My new routine for Sunday mornings is for Rod to mix up my protein smoothie while I shower and dress for church, then I drive out and pick up my Mom from the lodge, drinking the smoothie on the way. I drive back home and pick up Rod and Kenny and then we drive to church. This Sunday after church we decided to take Mom out to the Cora franchise in Okotoks. She loved it. No complaints about the portions being too large this time ;). She looked so pleased when her plate came with two blueberry pancakes,  two eggs, crispy bacon and fresh fruit on the side. Once we got her back to the lodge Rod and I did our Costco shop in Okotok. Once home, I crashed for a bit and Rod put the groceries away. I hope I will be able to find them now ;)

Yesterday morning Caleb and Leisha invited us to drive out with them to see Mom B and take her out for lunch. I have to remember to include in my performance review my improved managerial abilities learned this year where I am so much better at negotiating and delegating. In this instance I negotiated first, stating that we needed to get some yard work done. I told them I would love to go if, when we got home, I could conscript some muscles into the yard. All were agreeable so off we went. We went to a real old fashioned diner that has a daily special but also seems to serve everything, including Chinese food. We were well served and waited on and the food was fresh and delicious.

After lunch, Caleb and Leisha took us to the show townhome in the area where they are having one built. It will be very nice for them, I liked the layout, color schemes and amount of storage space. Good choice.

The promised yard work was accomplished and is making me smile as I look out on it as I type. Following that, Wade and Gayle and Jordan and Celia joined us for a backyard barbecue.

All in all a weekend of wonderful!

Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment