Monday, November 12, 2012

As your day, so shall your strength be

The long weekend is over. Rod and I had such a lovely time grandparenting Keiran and Lilly this weekend while Justin, Leah and Forrest went to a marriage enrichment weekend. Keiran and Lilly were so good for us, it was a busy time but I have lots of wonderful memories for the weeks to come.

Tomorrow is chemo in the afternoon and in the morning will be a Costco trip and a few phone calls regarding the transfer of my Mom to the new care facility in the nearby town. She won't be happy about going there as change and the unknown is difficult for her. As long as the financial aspects can be worked out fairly quickly, I think she will eventually learn to like this facility. I will take it one day at a time and see what my energy levels allow as far as getting out there and getting some of her things to her to help her settle in. It will all work out.

With the new chemo, I find that I have more aches and pains than I did with the old regimen and I tire quite easily. My two big toenails look like they will be casualties but I was aware that this may happen. I can't say I am looking forward to tomorrow as this time I never did get back to feeling good, even during week 3. I started my pre-chemo steroids this afternoon and I am fluid loading as directed. I'm trying to be good about my diet but I have to confess that when I am at home alone in the daytime I am not as motivated to eat well, especially when the taste of food is impacted by the chemo.

My reading for yesterday in "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young was very pertinent to what is going on in my life.

Do not let any set of circumstances intimidate you. The more challenging your day, the more of My Power I place at your disposal. You seem to think that I empower you equally each day, but this is not so. Your tendency upon awakening is to assess the difficulties ahead of you, measuring them against your average strength. This is an exercise in unreality.

I know what each of your days will contain, and I empower you accordingly. The degree to which I strengthen you on a given day is based mainly on two variables:  the difficulty of your circumstances, and your willingness to depend on Me for help. Try to view challenging days as opportunities to receive more of My Power than usual.  Look to Me for all that you need, and watch to see what I will do. As your day, so shall your strength be.

Nice to be able to rest in the knowledge that it is not my strength I am dependent on.

Take care, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to know that God has adequate strength available for us.
    Wanted to share my latest favorite verse with you today, Laura.
    "For the Lord your God is living among you. he is a mighty Saviour. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs" Zeph 3:17
    Rest as He delights in you with gladness, calms you with his love and rejoices over you with singing
    J

    ReplyDelete