Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fait Accompli

This was the reading from the 'Jesus Calling: A 365 Day Journaling Devotional' book by Sarah Young for today -

Walk peacefully with Me through this day. You are wondering how you will cope with all that is expected of you. You must traverse this day like any other:  one step at a time. Instead of mentally rehearsing how you will do this or that, keep your mind on My Presence and on taking the next step. The more demanding your day, the more help you can expect from Me. This is a training opportunity, since I designed you for deep dependence on your Shepherd-King. Challenging times wake you up and amplify your awareness of needing My help.

How appropriate! Yesterday afternoon, I spent several more hours in my mother's room packing her remaining belongings in preparation for moving them today. I was very tired by the time I got home and so grateful that I could rest for a bit before going out for the evening. Kenny was very gracious to accept my offering of grilled cheese and hot chocolate with marshmallows for supper with a big smile. I sat in the recliner and dozed off for a bit.

My evening was a time of refreshment provided by my friend and co-worker Wenda. The group 'Tenore' was singing at a church and Wenda graciously gave me tickets for Rod and myself to their performance. The details for the best way for us to attend this also seemed to be worked out by an unseen Hand. Rod was a little delayed at work so I drove there with his clothes to pick him up. We were about five minutes late for the start of the concert but this helped us to avoid being amongst big crowds of people in the lobby and we were able to go over to a seating area that was not as populated. During the intermission I stayed in my seat while Rod wandered and, not surprisingly, found someone he knew to visit with. At the end, it was like we had our own private exit - up the aisle and through some back stairs right to the exit, once again avoiding the crowds and potential germs they might be harboring. Wonderful performance by 'Tenore', thoroughly enjoyed!

This a.m. brought moving day. Caleb had to work until noon but arranged to meet us at the lodge. When we got to the room Rod and Jordan appeared suitably impressed with the packing efforts - smart men ;). We visited with several of the residents and when they expressed interest in some of the items, we were happy to deliver them directly to their rooms, rather than take them home to our house. I told Robin that now these possessions were their children's to worry about ;). Jordan used bolt cutters on the lock of the storage area assigned to my Mom and it was here that I found another treasure trove of old pictures that I will enjoy spending winter evenings going through. I felt rather unnecessary as I watched them take the loads down to the vehicles. Just as we had completely filled every last nook and cranny of the vehicles and still had a few items to transport, Caleb arrived with his truck and they made short work of the rest of the belongings.

Once home, Kenny joined the other guys in unpacking. This was followed by a leisurely Edo's lunch in the family room. I'm not sure why but I was exhausted and enjoyed being able to recline with a heating pad, closing my eyes and listening and participating in the conversation when inspired.

I love the line in the reading - "the more demanding your day, the more help you can expect from Me".  I would edit the 'day' to 'week' and then it suits perfectly to what I have experienced this week. God is good.

Take care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment