Monday, November 26, 2012

I am Rich

My co-worker and friend Wenda is responsible for the title of today's post.

This a.m. was one of the Monday's where I go into work for a couple of meetings and try to keep up on all that is going on so I don't fall too far behind. Before I left this morning Rod came back into the house with a package that had been left on our doorstep. When I opened it there was a beautiful handmade quilt with a card that said - 'One who sleeps under a quilt is comforted by love' and 'Wrap yourself in the prayers and thoughts of the body of Christ - from the members of the Edmonton Christian Assembly'. Wow! Great way to start the day. The quilt promises to bring lots of comfort and I will use it well.

Once at work, Wenda and I took our tea into a meeting room and went through a few things related to work for about three quarters of an hour, then visited. She told me that she sees how rich I am when she reads my blog. Rich in my relationship with God and in the wonderful support of all my family and friends. She is right, I am rich and I hope I do not take any of it for granted.

Following our meeting, the rest of my co-workers surprised me with a little meeting where they presented me with a present from the team. I need to correct that. It was a very generous present from the team and a few other people. Rod and I are going to be thoroughly pampered for a weekend of our choosing - first by the mountain panorama that will be surrounding us there and then by all sorts of extras above and beyond our accommodation for two nights (including more chocolate dipped strawberries :).

Wow again! All of this in one morning and it wasn't even 1030 yet! It was lovely to sit and visit with everyone, I hope they don't mind that I think I miss that even more than I miss the 'working with them' part (and that is a joy, honest ;).

Following the work 'meetings' I went home and made lunch and talked myself into going over to Wellsprings for my last ceramics class. This was really to be a bit of a celebration as we received our finished vases and each of us brought something to eat to share from our finished vase. Once there I was very glad I went. There was lots of sharing and visiting, so many stories and inspiring people. One thing I do notice when I am around these ladies is that there seems to be a peace and a lack of stress or rushing around about them, no 'me first' attitude but a quiet attitude of 'in honor preferring one another' - both while we were making our vases and today while we shared everyone's food offerings. This made for a wonderful atmosphere to sit and relax in.

Now I am once again home and I guess I had better quit being quite so laid back and get up and make some supper so Kenny can make it to hockey practice on time. I have several options for a quick supper in my fridge just waiting for me, whichever choice I make it will be accompanied by the fresh raw veggies Ev continues to faithfully supply us with.

I am definitely rich in all the ways that really count.

Take care, everyone.


1 comment:

  1. Can you post a photo of your finished vase? Would be curious to see it!
    ~ Denise

    ReplyDelete