Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Busy Days

Chemo No. 6 is rapidly approaching and, as usual, I am trying to put as much into week three as possible.

I have bloodwork and my oncologist appointment on Monday afternoon and, if all is well, I will have my final 'big' chemo on Tuesday afternoon. It will be good to get that one out of the way and move on to just having the Herceptin infusion every three weeks through to August 2013. I am very interested to see which of my side effects can be attributed to the Taxotere and Neulasta and which of them I will continue to experience with the Herceptin alone. I am very hopeful that I will no longer require any Neulasta shots in the future.

While I am not always thrilled when I look in the mirror and see the aging effects of the chemo on my body or attempt a flight of stairs and find myself winded and feeling like my legs are encased in cement I am grateful that I have made it to this point without any real serious side effects. I was very much reminded of this when the lady that I sat with during her first chemo was hospitalized last weekend for an infection. It seems that things are back on track for her although her next chemo will be delayed a week to give her body time to recover. Chemo is serious stuff.

Yesterday I worked on gathering items for the children's treat bags I make each year for our church's Christmas dinner/program. I was able to make pretty good headway on the edible portions of the bag contents, a little more work will be required on the entertainment parts but I have some ideas and I am pleased.

I made a quick visit out to see my Mom yesterday also. I seem to get at least one phone call from the lodge every day, I hope things settle down soon. There are still financial aspects to be dealt with. I  hadn't anticipated that supplies the nurses use in caring for my Mom would be ordered from the drugstore and charged to her and I will have to look into that. Lots to learn.

Today, I went 'to work' for 10:30 a.m. and stayed to about 3 p.m. I'm thinking I kind of like those hours. Maybe I'll have to do some negotiating when I really go back and I'm not just playing like I was when I went in today. ;)

Tonight's post is a bit late as I also had to get an assignment in for my Business Analysis course. I'm not sure how I've managed to do it, but I'm already a little behind in this class and I know that next week may be a write off so I want to get caught up and possibly ahead before next week.

Tomorrow is an early lunch with a good friend followed by coffee with a couple of other lovely ladies. Friday finds me lunching yet again. Life is tough, eh? ;)

Long day, this post is showing that. Need my beauty sleep more than ever these days so going to head to bed.

Take care, everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment