Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Wisdom of Children

On today's post I will share a conversation I had today with Keiran, my 2 1/2 year old grandson -

Keiran, pointing to a picture - That's Grandpa Rod.
Me - Yes, that is Grandpa Rod.
Keiran, pointing to me in the picture - Who's that?
Me - That's me, Grandma Laura.
Keiran - That was you when you had hair?
Me - Yes, I had hair then.
Keiran - Where did your hair go?
Me - Grandma had to have special strong medicine that made her hair fall out.
Keiran - Will the hair come back?
Me - Yes, my hair will grow back.
Keiran - If I have medicine will my hair fall out?
Me - No Keiran, only the special strong medicine makes hair fall out.
Keiran - If I have medicine for flu my hair won't fall out?
Me - No, medicine for flu won't make your hair fall out.
Keiran - If you have to have special medicine again, your hair will fall out again?
Me - Yes, Keiran, if I have to have special strong medicine again my hair will probably fall out again.
Keiran, matter of factly - Oh.

With his curiosity satisfied he went off to play, with a pretty good understanding for someone so young.

1 comment:

  1. One thing I learned as a student at University guiding Grade 2s around Animal Science on annual tour day: If they are old enough to ask, they are old enough for the straight answers. Your answers were perfect. You answered no more and no less than what he asked.

    ReplyDelete