Saturday, December 29, 2012

Lovely Ladies Lunch!

How is that title for alliteration? :) And it can be taken a couple of  ways - the lunch with the ladies was lovely and they are lovely ladies who lunched.

Patsy, Liz, Sharon, Diana and I all worked together in Day Surgery several years ago before Liz and I  left for our IT roles. Patsy and Diana are now working at the Cancer Center that I have been frequenting of late. It is so good to be able to get together with people you may not have seen for a while and yet be able to pick up right where you left off.

Our waitress was very patient and understanding and left us to our own devices prior to ordering. I think we had been at our table for about an hour before we waved her over and placed our orders. We were there for yet another two hours plus afterwards.We decided that we definitely have to get together more often and with more of our old co-workers for the next get together.

After the lunch Rod and I arranged to meet at Costco for the groceries we needed. Walking in was a little daunting, there were people with carts lined up into the aisles waiting for a checkout. I had to ask Rod not to walk so fast a few times, he doesn't like crowds much and wanted to get in and out of there as quickly as possible. We were happy to see that by the time we reached the checkouts there were minimal line-ups and we were able to go through quite quickly. It was very good to get home to my recliner and reflect on the good memories of our lunch afterwards.

I've been calling the rehab center where my Mom is daily and she is still on isolation so I have been unable to visit yet. It sounds like her symptoms are more respiratory than gastrointestinal, I hope she is over it soon.
 
 This a.m. I determined that I would get up and walk on the treadmill and see if I couldn't work on getting some of my energy back and work out some of the achiness in my arms and legs. I managed half an hour but had to scale back from 2.5 miles/hour to 2.3 in order to accomplish that. Kind of discouraging.

Maybe I was unrealistic about how I would be feeling at this point post-chemo, December has been a tough month. If this continues I guess I will have to contact my oncologist prior to the next Herceptin infusion. Until then, I am thankful for all my family and friends, for warmer weather this weekend, for a husband that likes to cook, for my quilts, for magic bags for the muscle aches and for pictures like this one of Leah, Lilly, Keiran and Forrest to make me smile.



Take care, everyone.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment