Thursday, December 6, 2012

Quick Update

Very brief post today. So far not so bad post chemo. I am finding that my joints and muscles started aching sooner this time, starting the evening of chemo and a little GI 'stuff' but otherwise not too bad.

I have been taking it pretty easy with the exception of the steroid induced housework I did yesterday morning, that energy wore off fairly quickly though ;). The chicken that I had cut up and marinated in preparation for last night's supper is still sitting in the marinade this evening, hopefully to be cooked for tomorrow night's supper or I'm going to have to freeze it. My energy and enthusiasm for the supper kind of dissipated when I tried to make sweet potato chips in the oven as a start. First, there was smoke all over the house and then when I pulled them out, they were all stuck to the foil I was directed by the recipe to place them on. I won't be repeating that recipe, hopefully the chicken recipe turns out better. Note to self - don't be too ambitious on the new recipes just yet.

Now that I have finished the prescribed post chemo meds I will try to get to the hospital to see my Mom again tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully there will be good progress for her. I also need to get in some reading and assignments for my online course, the instructor is being very patient and understanding.

I am thankful.


Take care



No comments:

Post a Comment