Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hidden Treasure

I am still having some problems but things are getting better.

Through everything there is definitely hidden treasure to be found.

Yesterday I received an email from Dawn asking if she could provide supper for us. I was not about to turn that offer down, I hadn't even begun to think about what supper would be and my Costco trip for the week has been postponed indefinitely. A wonderful supper of Caribbean chicken and Snap Pea salad arrived as well as some Turkey soup and a special treat of pistachio nuts for Rod. In addition was a new book for me to read, very timely as I had just finished the book I was reading about 30 minutes prior to Dawn's arrival.

Regarding my Mom's room at the lodge and arrangements and packing I now have several volunteers  coming to help pack on Wednesday and Friday afternoons as well as boxes to pack everything in. What a blessing. This will be so helpful in getting things in place for her for long term care.

I also received a phone call from my friend who is sharing this breast cancer journey with me, she just had her third FEC treatment last week and will move forward to the Taxotere and Herceptin next round. How wonderful to talk to each other and share a few laughs and a few tears over things that only someone going through the same experiences would understand. From what she tells me she also has great friends who are supporting her and helping out, when she lets them. We did talk about how hard it is to ask for help and yet how willing we have found others to provide that help when they know we require it. God is good and this is definitely a learning experience.

I hope you are all able to find the hidden treasure in your lives today.

Take care, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I've thought that too :). Enjoying having discovered your blog.

    ReplyDelete