Tuesday, October 9, 2012

'Shirley' Goodness

A quick post while we are in Sooke for lunch. Our cabin is in Shirley, which is a little farther down from Sooke and we have no cell, Internet or TV. God has been showing off for us again, both through the people He has blessed us with visiting and with the beautiful scenery. We are right on the ocean and we have a wall of windows that face it from our living room at the cabin. The ocean has many different sides of itself that it has been showing us throughout our days here so far, one of the things I look forward to is rising early and watching the daybreak over the ocean while sitting wrapped in a quilt on the sofa.

I know you are all waiting with baited breath to find out how I was able to pack just one smallish suitcase and one carryon and still stay well dressed and accessorized for the trip ;) but that information will have to wait for another post.

What I would like to share is just how good God is and how He is so much better at looking after the details when I leave it to Him. Side effect wise from the Neulasta and chemo - either I am one of the fortunate ones who doesn't get the severe bone pain or the Claritin is working but so far the minor achiness is definitely tolerable and I think that now that this is my third chemo I am just learning to pace myself activity wise and rest when my body tells me it needs to. There is so much beauty to look at that I have no problem sitting and just admiring God's handiwork.


I shared this with some friends already but will share here also. A verse that has meant a lot to me throughout chemo is Phillippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. There are ten words for each of my ten fingers when things are at their absolute worst (thanks for pointing this out to me, Ev - numbers amuse her ;). I find it interesting that the word 'do' is used (I can do) - it seems to imply action where my experience is that it is when I cease from trying to take action and release my desire to control and manage and simply trust and rest in God that I can then do all things.

My next post may be a few days from now due to Internet coverage. Having a wonderful time and feeling very blessed.

Take care everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Numbers amuse Ev as long as they don't go past 10. Except in summer when they can go to 20. Tell her I said so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, summer would add ten toes to her 'tool-kit' :)
    I will be sure to tell her you said so!

    ReplyDelete