Monday, October 29, 2012

Hit from Behind

Yesterday was not a good day for me. I woke up to nausea and stomach cramps and things did not get better, I will spare you the details. I also find that my nose is tending to bleed so I need to keep on top of that.

This means that I need to find things to smile about again today. It is a very grey day with freezing rain here -

  • Rod will be the first person who makes me smile, what a sad weekend for him and yet he keeps on being there for me through all of it
  • Wade and Gayle came over yesterday afternoon, who knew that all I would need to get a kiss on the cheek from Wade all these years was to look and smell my worst
  • Deb popped over with a wonderful roast chicken supper accompanied by spaghetti squash and sauce with delicious pears as the dessert, this offering was from her and her partners in her Real Estate business. Steve, one of the partners also sent hugs and kisses 
  • Justin sent a new video of my youngest grandchild being cute, I've watched it several times already and made my company watch it yesterday. He also posted new pictures from a family hike on Facebook which have also made me smile, more than once
  • Magic bags and Tylenol have given me reason to smile this a.m., as well as the knowledge that, although I didn't want to, I can postpone my plans for my Mom's room at the lodge for a day or two 
  • The knowledge that this isn't forever and that after chemo 1 I wondered if I would be able to get to chemo 2, yet here I am post chemo 4 with only 2 to go - and now I will be more prepared for day 5 and 6 next time

Take care, everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment