Thursday, October 4, 2012

Smiling

I thought it would be a good time to list some of the things that have made me smile today.

  • seeing little handprints on my windows from some special visitors this weekend, I am very reluctant to wipe them away so I think I'll leave them for a bit, very precious
  • looking out my kitchen window and seeing that my strawberry plants are still providing their beautiful sweet fruit for my eating pleasure
  • feeling well enough to eat the strawberries and anything else I want and have it taste good :)
  • seeing progress with my insurance submissions, they are either through and approved or well on their way from all appearances. So thankful for this!
  • getting emails from friends like Dawn who provide songs and encouragement to touch my heart
  • getting emails from co-workers keeping me in the loop on things, including the yummy fundraisers they are helping their children out with. My freezer and Christmas goodie basket will be well supplied and I have coupons to use to help with other things
  • thinking of and planning for my trip to Vancouver Island with Rod, very much looking forward to it and looking at the actual trip information and realizing that we leave about 7 pm rather than 7 am on Saturday made my day!
  • thinking of my lovely niece Tiffany who always made me smile. She is missed, 9 years ago today
  • a sunny blue sky that is beckoning me to get out and get on with my day, must do that ;)

Take care, everyone - hoping that your day is also providing you with opportunity to smile. :)

1 comment:

  1. You would do well on GiST Grace in Small
    Things. There is a website run by Bronwyn's friend Schmutzie but you can just do it on your own too. Every day or every week or ... list 5 small things that make you happy and that you are thankful for. Like you did here. I have tried it but I was too grouchy.

    ReplyDelete