Friday, October 26, 2012

Quick Update

I haven't posted for a couple of days, but thankfully it is not because I was not feeling well. I have been pleasantly surprised that so far, so good with this chemo regimen.

For the past couple of days, probably fueled by steroids, I have had quite a bit of energy and tackled some housework, laundry and cooking as well as some errands yesterday. I did find that by the time I sat down in the dentist's office to wait for Kenny during his appointment yesterday, I was wondering if they had a bed somewhere that they would let me use, but the energy returned enough to get us home and get supper on the table.

Caleb and Leisha came over for supper. While we were sitting around talking after supper I did find that my legs suddenly felt achy and I was tired, and I anticipated that I may not possibly have a return of energy like earlier in the day. With this in mind, I got up and moved around, cleaning up and closing the kitchen for the night, moving did help with my leg pain.

This a.m., I think I am beginning to feel the first signs of peripheral neuropathy in my fingers, one of the side effects of the Taxotere. They are just a little numb and tingly on the very fingertips, kind of a weird sensation as I type this. I have read that Alpha Lipoic Acid can help with this so I plan to ask my oncologist is she is agreeable to me trying it out.

As I look forward to the week ahead, it promises to be a busy one. I am hoping to get to a wig fitting tomorrow a.m. for one of the lovely ladies on my breast cancer forum who will be starting chemo soon, there is also a sale on at Compassionate Beauty, if my energy holds out.

On Monday, I will be going to my mother's lodge and signing forms required for her transition from the lodge over to a longer term care facility. The transition coordinator and a social worker contacted me the day of my chemo to let me know that Mom had been approved for long term care. Next steps for us are to sign the forms at the lodge, pack and move her things and clean out the room and her storage closet there. The transition coordinator and the lodge were very good to work with me regarding timelines and Mom's concerns re: finances. She didn't want to be charged for another month at the lodge as well as having to start paying for the long term care. To enable this, the lodge will charge on a per day basis from this point on and the transition coordinator won't add Mom to the waitlist until I give her the heads up that everything is complete at the lodge. I will also need to go over with Mom the various facilities available and help her identify her first choice. She may be moved to first available when the time comes, but with her first choice identified once a spot is available there, she will be moved to it.

I also have a few meetings in regards to work and a couple of appointments with doctors to round out my week. Boring is not a word in my vocabulary yet in this process ;)

I am thankful for God's provision and goodness and will take one day at a time, one task at a time - and not forget to find Joy and look for the hidden treasure.

Take care, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment