Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Gentle Reminder

Today was a beautiful summer day, the weather was absolutely perfect.

I ended up going to bed last evening at 08:30 p.m. and, with the exception of a couple of bathroom breaks, sleeping through to 08:35 a.m. While not quite up to leaping two story buildings in a single bound, I did feel better than yesterday throughout the day.

I very much paced myself activity wise and while performing activities slowed down how quickly I did them and this seems to have been helpful. I had several rest periods but managed to get some housework done and some preparations for cooking for the next few days performed.

Rod went out to watch our oldest son in a race that he was competing in this weekend, the timing was a little wrong so he missed the race but he enjoyed his visit and brought home a nice gift bag from my daughter-in-law's mother. She had enclosed a card with a note that meant very much to me and on the card she wrote '...and a gentle reminder that it is okay not to be amazing once in a while'. What!?

The reminder is very much appreciated and just right as I look ahead to future treatments. Sometimes it will take all of my effort just to be ... and if that's all I can do, then that is OK for that point in time.

The neighbours that we met on our walk the other day decided to have a fairly impromptu neighbourhood barbecue this afternoon. They have a swimming pool and lovely backyard. It was a wonderful way for me to end the day, great weather and company, nothing required of me but to sit and enjoy it all.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment