Thursday, August 16, 2012

Outing

Short post today.

Nausea seems to be dissipating which I am thankful for. I am off steroids until next round so I am pleased about that. They say they really stimulate the appetite but I didn't really notice that for me and I don't seem to have had the insomnia that some people say they have with steroids. I hope that continues with future chemo.

I decided to try a short trip to Costco this afternoon, found out we forgot a few items when we tried to  use a Costco in a different nearby town on our trip back. The layout was different and it kind of threw us off, spent more but missed some of the important things like eggs and avocado.

Driving wasn't too bad but once I got inside Costco I found myself tired and wanting to get in and out as quickly as possible. It was a good time of day to accomplish that but it appears that avocado season is at an end, I will miss them :( However, I am now the proud recipient of a sample roll of toilet paper for my efforts, courtesy of Charmin - never refuse free TP ;)

I am not sure I will make it over to see my Mom this evening as I had planned, maybe I will make that tomorrow's outing. I did speak to her doctor last evening and I appreciate all he is doing. It doesn't appear that she will be able to go back to her assisted living lodge so they are starting the process for long term care. Sad, this is something that she was trying very hard to avoid. She has been moved off of isolation though and the Dr. feels that I should be able to see her on the weeks where my white blood cells are cooperating, I am relieved about that. He said that it can take three weeks for paperwork followed by three months in hospital before the transfer so I think I will wait to talk to her lodge. There will probably be other things like financial things to deal with, all in their own time.

Thanks again to everyone for all your messages, thoughts and prayers.

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment