Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Post chemo day 3

Yesterday was really not too bad, I am thankful. I was tired and had a short a.m. nap followed by lunch and then a walk with Rod. On the walk we met a close neighbour and her husband, out for their walk. This neighbour has finished her chemotherapy earlier this summer for stage 3 colon cancer. She just had her port removed last week. It was great to visit and to hear her and her husband's stories, very inspiring. They have invited us to visit with them more as my treatment continues and we will definitely take them up on this offer.

Following the walk, Rod and our youngest son Kenny took off for Montana to pick up some parts that Rod ordered for work. They kept in good touch throughout their trip via Kenny's test messages. Enjoyed the last text from Kenny, at about 9 p.m. I had asked him where they were, his answer - we are 130 km from Calgary, traveling at 120 kph in the rain. Can't get much more specific than that ;)

I was asked out for coffee by two special friends, Brenda and Vicki. They very considerately arranged the coffee within a block or two of home. It was a lovely visit, I stayed about 50 minutes when my stomach began to cramp a little, letting me know it was time to go home. I'm glad I left then. A storm blew in just after I got home, I am hoping that Brenda and Vicki stayed and waited it out.

During the night I continued to take my anti-nausea med about every four hours, I would feel slight queasiness and, as advised, took the med and it did help.

Today, I have done two loads of wash, emptied and filled the dishwasher and 'Robbie' vacuumed the lower level very thoroughly. Once again thankful for modern conveniences. I did a phone interview with the BEAUTY program with the university, it is a twelve week physical fitness program for women with breast cancer. I know myself and want to stay active, committing to something like this will help.

Lunch is prepared and eaten, scrambled eggs, lentils and raw veggies - thankful my appetite seems good today.

Next will be a nap followed by a walk and a little more housework, then another phone call with my Mom's physician to see what the next steps will be for her.

Sure can't complain :)

Take care everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment