Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back to Business

My two business analyst co-workers humoured me today and took me out for a 'business lunch', with the ruse that we needed to update, collaborate and strategize as the BA team within our IT area. They listened patiently to me as I discussed a few areas I still had concerns regarding and even pretended to solicit my advice for areas they are currently dealing with. Made my day!

After lunch, I returned to the office area and bribed some of my other co-workers to come and visit me by re-stocking the treat basket. It worked, you should have seen the gleams in their eyes when they saw the basket ;)

I have also been sent multiple different forms this week from Human Resources to be completed by myself and my physician for various purposes pertaining to being off work. I needed to put my mind and energy to completing and faxing them to make sure that everything proceeds smoothly as I continue on with treatment. 

In some ways, seemed like a typical work day.

A positive in communicating with Human Resources was that I made myself look several months forward in the calendar in order to try to determine a return to work date. This reinforced for me that there really will be an end to all of this and next year will be a new year, one in which I truly will get back to business :)

Take care 


2 comments:

  1. Humored you? Oh, Laura, you make me laugh. Thank you so much for joining us. It was great having you here and wonderful to be able to interrupt you with my random questions. We're all looking forward to the day you return!

    ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go again, Wenda ;)
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete