Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Best Medicine


I'm afraid to say that this post will be short, past history seems to be proving me wrong.

I am enjoying my vacation, we are in a lake area in northern Washington and the weather and scenery have both been beautiful. The people are even better than that, they have been amazing.
I decided I needed to post as I was starting to feel sorry for myself last evening and the last thing that is needed is a pity party. Posting helps me to focus on the positive, therefore helping my attitude and keeps my eyes on all that is good in my life - and there is so much to be thankful for.
I am much more comfortable now post port insertion - I can feel it sometimes when eating, coughing or yawning but it isn't pain, just a weird sensation. The incisions are a little itchy but that means they are healing well. 
My grandchildren have been a delight.
Lilly is very grown up and capable at six and has given me lots of gentle hugs. She is a great big sister to Keiran and Forrest. Leah is already saying she is going to miss her help when she enters grade one in the fall.
Keiran has an amazing vocabulary that grows every day. I love the way he looks at me and to hear him say 'Gramma Laura', it kind of makes me feel like Mary Poppins. I love his sweet round face, curly brown hair and big blue eyes, the freckles sprinkled over his nose don't detract any from his charm either. 
Kenny with Forrest
Forrest is the smiliest, most contented baby I have ever seen, he positively beams and smiles with his whole body when I look at him, very gratifying.
All of this is the best medicine, very therapeutic - just what the doctor ordered. 

Take care everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment