Friday, August 17, 2012

Accepting each day

Today's reading from the devotional book 'Jesus Calling' seemed very appropriate for me, I will quote part of it here -

'Accept each day just as it comes to you. Do not waste your time and energy wishing for a different set of circumstances. Instead, trust Me enough to yield to My design and purposes. Remember that nothing can separate you from My loving Presence; you are Mine.'

I have to admit that I am finding it a little difficult to try to adapt to this new chemo routine, I am not sure what to expect  each day. I know that it will become more 'normal' as I go along and that I will come to know how I will react for the most part but at the moment it's like a day to day, moment to moment process. Even though I knew that I would be more tired, I am actually surprised at how fatigued I really am, nothing at all glamorous or exciting about my life at the moment.

When I woke up this a.m. at 0500 I was slightly nauseated with a headache, so I once again took my anti-emetic and some Tylenol. The time periods between taking them are definitely increasing and I am thankful for that. Once up and showered, I had my coffee and watched a morning TV show, then I made a few needed phone calls and followed up on some emails. I folded and put away some wash, made some lunch and this seemed like enough activity to reward with an hour's nap.

This afternoon I had the pleasure of my 'daughter' Elizabeth arriving with two of her girls to remove the wallpaper that was on the wall of the family area washroom. It is a job long overdue and they made quick work of it. It was lovely to visit with Elizabeth and hear the girls talking and joking with each other in the washroom as they worked. Nice to just hear and see 'real normal' in all this strangeness for me. I appreciate so much them making the effort to come over and spend a beautiful summer day inside. I know I've said it before, but it bears saying again, I am blessed.

My mother is having a stent inserted today to relieve the obstruction from a kidney stone. I hope that this will help improve her overall health and that as my energy increases that I will be able to spend more time with her. The doctors and hospital are keeping in good touch with me in everything regarding her care.

Bye for now, take care everyone






No comments:

Post a Comment