Thursday, September 6, 2012

A good day three

Last evening I used the gravol during the night every four hours and had a good sleep, then switched to the maxeran for the day. That seemed to work well for me and I feel like I had a very productive, good day. My sister-in-law Carol may disagree with me regarding my definition of productive as what I was able to accomplish in one day she could probably accomplish in an hour or too, but this is my story ;)

I made several phone calls in the morning, answered emails, washed three loads of laundry, emptied the dishwasher and reloaded and assisted 'Robbie' with the vacuuming.

One of the phone calls I received today was to inform me that I had been nominated for an award for my work with Autism. What an honor, whether I go on to win the award or not, it feels good to be recognized.

I needed to run a few errands this afternoon and I wasn't sure how my energy would hold out. I planned my route carefully for efficiency's sake. First stop was the dental office to pick up a form for some recent work for Rod for insurance purposes. While this is also my dentist (even before Rod started going there) I had to introduce myself (Natalie) to the dentist's wife, who is his receptionist ;)

I also needed to pick up some more protein powder and supplements at the health food store, found what I needed quickly and was out of there in about 5 minutes.

Next was a return at Costco. I was prepared for a long lineup for returns but instead was able to walk right up to the counter. The return was for the wrong type of printer ink cartridge, I am using the printer a lot more now that I am home and last time I was there picked up some more, but for the wrong model.  I took a picture this time on my phone, not trusting my 'chemo brain' and managed to find the right ink cartridges and get in line to pay. There were three ladies in front of me and they were dividing the items in their cart between them. When they saw me with just the ink cartridges they told me to go ahead of them. This I liked. I actually managed to get all my errands run including the driving in less than an hour.

I returned home to the smell of chicken baking which was a good sign as I had preset the oven and it was actually behaving for me. I did a few more things before sitting down, then talked to Robin for a bit as she drove home from work, which is a bit of a jaunt for her (she is also someone who is very efficient and uses hands free calling). She had a good day also and we had a pleasant chat.

This was followed by a one hour nap and then I got up to finish supper preparations.

The day was completed by a nice 'brisk' (for me) walk with Rod for about an hour as the sun was setting and now I am back in the recliner with my comfort quilt. The dishwasher has just come on, I preset it for two hours after I filled it in case more dishes were used. Have I mentioned in previous posts how much I am appreciating my modern conveniences? ;)

Prepared for day 4 and 5 to be a little more like last time with less energy but feel that I can handle that better this time knowing that things will improve and that today was a good one.

Take care everyone.

3 comments:

  1. I am continually amazed and impressed at how much you do get done, considering what is going on in your life! Congratulations on your award nomination! Glad to hear that you seem to be managing so well and I know its the prayers that are keeping you doing so well! Love you lots, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful that you were nominated! I hope you win :D Me, I've been asked to be part of the Living Library again this year - of course, I said yes :)

    You look great and the 'Natalie' look works nicely on you. Still pullin' for ya, girlfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, nomination is fine, winning comes with it's own challenges ;) I'm glad to hear you will be a living library participant, that was great last year, glad they are doing this again.

    Natalie is getting out and about and isn't causing me to do as many second takes in the mirror, but she can be. 'hot-head' when it's warm out, she disappears almost as quickly as I can disappear into the house once home.

    ReplyDelete