Saturday, September 22, 2012

Looking Forward Once Again

I know that there are things I need to prepare ahead of time for my chemo on Tuesday but when I start those preparations then my mind can tend to focus on the chemo experience and I rob myself of the joy of today. With this in mind I thought that the message this morning in the devotional  book  'Jesus Calling - A Journaling Devotional'  was particularly appropriate -

Trust Me and refuse to worry, for I am your Strength and Song. You are feeling wobbly this morning, looking at difficult times looming ahead, measuring them against your own strength. However, they are not today's tasks - or even tomorrow's. So leave them in the future and come home to the present, where you will find Me waiting for you. Since I am your Strength, I can empower you to handle each task as it comes. 
Because  I am your Song, I can give you Joy as you work alongside Me.

 Just what I needed to read and it helped to focus me back on today - and what a beautiful day it has been.

Just as I have told others who have said to me that they don't think they would have the strength to go through some of the things I have gone through in my life, I haven't had the strength beforehand either but God has always been faithful to provide His strength when it was needed and I can trust and rest in Him and the knowledge that He will continue to be there for Me, as He has always been.

Take care, everyone.




1 comment:

  1. Hello Laura, I was reading my own journal of some years back as I was going through my own treatments and this verse was given to me and I hold it in my heart today. I hope it will do the same for you.

    Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.

    I also indicated a Sunflower in the margin to remind myself that the Sunflower follows the sun all day long and that is what I needed to do. I often where my sunflower pin to keep me on track. I don't mean to say that you are not focused because you are way above me in your faith and strength, just to say I care.

    Love
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete