Sunday, September 9, 2012

Slow Sunday

It was a slow start to the morning today, I was glad not to have to be anywhere and to be able to take my time. As it was, I got ready for the day in two takes, first was the shower, teeth and makeup followed by a rest and then another effort for dressing and becoming Natalie. As I climbed the stairs I remembered the feeling of 'slogging through mud' from my first chemo, so good to know that feeling didn't last and neither would this one.

Caleb contacted us earlier in the week to ask if we would have lunch with him and Leisha today, I was definitely looking forward to lunch as we drove there. We decided to go to an Original Joe's that is close to the office where I work as I thought it would not be very busy on a weekend, mostly catering to a lunch time office crowd. I was wrong. There was a car show across from the restaurant today that we hadn't anticipated so service was a little slow, but it allowed us to have a nice, non-rushed visit while we waited for our food. It is so nice to move into different relationships with your children as they grow older, I love watching my boys and being amazed at how well they are conducting their lives and themselves, it is very humbling to see how gracious God has been in overlooking my own inadequacies in raising them and helping them to grow into the young men they are today. I will say that Leisha is delightful ;)

I did go into the office so I could drop off a form I need for insurance and print another couple of forms from my work email but the rest of the afternoon was spent as a couch potato, the weather cooperated by being gusty and eventually raining, adding one more excuse for staying put inside.

I am looking forward to more energy tomorrow, we'll see whether it is a Costco day or not, but I do have hope that it will be a turning point in my post chemo treatment 2 recovery and that things will just get better leading up to chemo 3 (at which point I will be halfway through the 'heavy-duty' stuff, ready to take on Taxotere/Herceptin and say goodbye to the FEC portion. I will be ready.

Take care everyone, thanks so much for the many ways you have supported and encouraged me, it means so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment