Sunday, September 30, 2012

And Then There Were Three

The weekend has been all I could have hoped for and more. So many good memories to pull out when I need them.

Yesterday, we had a relaxed morning with a breakfast featuring pumpkin cream cheese muffins that were started by Keiran and Leah at their home and finished up in my kitchen, making it smell wonderful once again and the muffins lived up to their promise completely. Now I also know how Keiran is becoming such a good count-er, he helped keep Leah on track as she measured out the ingredients with him.

In the afternoon, as has become my custom, I did not sleep alone during my nap. This time I shared my bed with Forrest who contentedly snuggled under my arm, his sweet baby sighs punctuated by his little toes moving in time with them. When he woke up, I expected he would be a little startled and possibly scared but instead I was rewarded with one of his huge trademark smiles - quite something when you consider it was his first time seeing the recipient of that smile bald ;).

Evening saw us having a make do supper along with Caleb and Leisha. The evening continued to our backyard where Justin had built a fire, we sat around the fire in the dark, drinking tea, roasting marshmallows and visiting.


It was an early morning today in order for us to be ready for The Run for the Cure. I was overwhelmed at the number of people there, it was a good thing Caleb was wearing a bra and a tutu or I'm not sure we would have found my coworkers, they spotted him first. That is one boy who has never minded getting attention! Many of our group ran the 5 km while others did the 1 km walk and others of us did the 5 km walk. Some, like my co-worker Lisa and her husband and Justin and Caleb did both the run and then the walk. There were bands, singers, jazzercizers and well wishes all along the way to keep us encouraged as we walked. Wonderful morning.
Caleb and Justin walking the 5K after running it


 Once home again it was full into preparations for the Thanksgiving dinner. I'm not quite sure what happened to the turkey but I'm afraid to say it almost looked like it had exploded in the roaster while we were out. The majority of the meat was salvageable and even tasted quite good but it certainly didn't have the appearance of the traditional bird that is carved at the table. Everyone pitched in and the meal was great, I am slowly learning that if my attitude is good and I can roll with the unexpected and the imperfect that, in the end, it is not the food that people actually remember, it is the good times spent together.

Now the house is seeming rather quiet with just the three of us again and I am starting to look to the week ahead. As I do I will leave with you this song I heard today called "Holding My World". It seems to sum up the theme of trusting and knowing that God is in control - a good place to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&v=nJfGCKD9g_4&nomobile=1

Take care, everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment