Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Blue Skies

Today is a beautiful, slightly crisp fall like day with a very blue sky and the sun is shining brightly. That, in and of itself,  helps so much as far as feeling good. I still have some bouts of low grade nausea but it is pretty bearable and it's not stopping me from getting out and about yesterday and today.

I decided that this was another good opportunity to be thankful -

  • For good friends and family, always!
  • For the wonderful customer that gave my husband a week at her cabin on Vancouverr Island in October, we are looking forward to being able to get away and enjoy that week thoroughly.
  • For aeroplan miles which have covered our plane tickets.
  • For Hannigan Honey, which I have discovered makes my greek yogurt taste just like the favorite Greek honey yogurt I used to get at Costco but they don't carry anymore. We may have to stock up again on our honey supply, I also found a recipe that uses honey in a refrigerator oatmeal with Greek yogurt that I can't wait to try for Saturday morning. 
  • For my car, which makes me feel very safe on the roads, love the backup camera on the rear view mirror, so glad I bought it last year.
  • For hot baths after nippy evening walks followed by a heating pad conveniently placed in the microwave by my husband as I sprint (as fast as someone post-chemo can sprint ;) for the bath.
  • For physiotherapy for my right arm, so helpful.
  • For finally rounding up all my insurance documents and successfully submitting them in the past two days, now my job is done, it is in their hands.
  • For not having the worry or stress that I need to work while doing chemo and I still have a great job and team to go back to afterwards.
  • For the strawberry plant in our backyard that keeps providing the sweetest strawberries for me.
  • For my mother's continued improvement in her health and for all those that are helping out with her.
  • For week 3's post chemo, this time I'm planning a massage on the Friday before the next chemo. Thank you Carol, Adana, Mandy, and Lexi :)
Take care everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment