Monday, September 24, 2012

No Chemo for You

I'm not sure how many people have watched the Seinfeld episodes with the 'soup nazi' who would adamantly say 'no soup for you!'.but today I was told by a very nice 'chemo nazi' that it wasn't safe to go ahead with chemo tomorrow due to my low neutrophil count so 'no chemo for you!'.

I am of two minds about this. I am happy to have a reprieve, however I had psyched myself up all weekend to get it and so it was a bit of a let-down to get the news. Everybody was also asking lots of extra questions and looking for the minutest signs of any infection, which is a little unnerving in itself.

I will have labwork again next Monday and if that is good, they will proceed  with chemo on Tuesday. This means that on the plus side, I will have several days this week to enjoy that I had kind of written off  as going to be post chemo non-productive days. I will feel better than I thought I would for the Race for the Cure and celebrating Thanksgiving early with family.

On the negative side is that I will only be four days post chemo when we fly out to Vancouver Island and I will have just had a shot on Friday that boosts the white blood cell count but in the process can cause severe bone pain.

I will take one day at a time and not borrow trouble, it will all work out and maybe Rod will have to wheel me around the tourist spots, if so, I will definitely need a seatbelt.


Take care everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely wear a seatbelt if Rod is pushing you and possible a helmet with extra padding just to be on the safe side! Will be praying that all goes well and you have a good extra week this week, love ya lots! Carol

    ReplyDelete