Sunday, July 15, 2012

Back to Reality

Today's post will be short.
We were up early this a.m. and had a wonderful drive back to the city and spent some time at home to take care of a few things prior to attending church this a.m.
My right arm is bothering me once again today so I have been trying to keep it up and keep pressure off of the underarm area.
Our son Caleb came over around 4 p.m. and we celebrated his birthday, he has been well 'gifted' and left looking quite pleased with himself.
Following his visit Rod and I took the opportunity to go for another walk along the ridge. We've had some rain this weekend and, if possible, everything appears even greener than it was before.
We usually take my mother to church with us on Sunday mornings, however when I talked to her this a.m. she wasn't feeling all that well and decided to stay home. On returning from our walk there was a message from her so I returned the call. She did not sound well, in talking to her to see what the symptoms were it sounds like it may be a return of the C. Difficile she had trouble with in April. I have asked the lodge to call an ambulance for her and we will have to see how everything transpires from there.
Depending on how she is, I will see what my day tomorrow looks like.
I am supposed to have my annual physical with my GP and if my pathology results are back she will review them with me. Last week there was a problem with a fire in the building that houses the servers for the health region's computer applications, including the lab application. These applications were down for approximately three days. Due to this, I won't be holding my breath that the results will be there for tomorrow's visit.
I plan to use some of my self advocacy skills when I contact the surgeon's office for my postop appointment. We are really looking forward to taking a week in early August to go on a pre-planned vacation. My plan is to be able to work any and all appointments resulting from the pathology results around that week away, starting with getting in to see the surgeon as early as possible upon his return next week.
Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your mom is ok.
    I was glad to read that you were able to get out of town. Praying that this week will be filled with blessing and strength.

    ReplyDelete