Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Chance to Get Away

We have been given the wonderful opportunity to get away from everything for a couple of nights this weekend. My husband has an automotive repair business and one of his suppliers is sponsoring a golf tournament in a beautiful mountain resort area close to the city we live in. We arrived last evening after a beautiful drive and have been thoroughly spoiled since arriving, all courtesy of the sponsoring company. We have been given a loft suite on the third floor of the hotel, we each have our own washroom and there is a nice sitting area downstairs with a fireplace, the upstairs is a very spacious sleeping area and to top it off we have our own deck looking our over a fabulous view of mountains and evergreens. I am so glad that I felt well enough to accompany my husband. He is out golfing with his team as I write. There is shopping in the extended lobby of the hotel and a few restaurants for me to choose to lunch at. Now that I have completed my shopping I am comfortably situated in one of the large, welcoming armchairs in the lobby, looking out at a rock and waterfall feature. Did I mention in a recent post that I am so blessed? :) This evening is a steak dinner and the awards from the tournament, I'll be well rested and ready when it is time to attend, tomorrow we'll travel back to the city in the morning and gradually get back to reality, but not before celebrating my third son's quarter century birthday in the afternoon. Rod and I were shopping together earlier in the day before he went out to golf. One of the stores had a large neck to toe nightshirt in the window with an owl print on it. It also had a logo 'Canadian Hooters'. Rod suggested that we could purchase it and customize it just for me by crossing out the 's' at the end of hooters. While not a funny subject, I am so glad that we are both so comfortable that we can enjoy a good laugh together over some of the challenges it presents. I'm tempted to go back and buy the nightshirt and surprise him with it this evening ;).

4 comments:

  1. Mom and I laughed out loud over the Canadian Hooter story! How happy I am that Rod is your support and caregiver for this ordeal! He can make one laugh at almost anything! You have such a great attitude, you are an inspiration to all of us. I do believe Lois is right and you may have a book to write! Love you! Have fun on your getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Trish she took your advice ;-) She did it!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete