Friday, July 6, 2012

Row, row, row your boat

One of the exercises I have to do for my right arm is a figure eight using a broomstick or an umbrella. I pretend that I am kayaking when I do it. This evening we arranged to Skype with our oldest son, Justin and his wife Leah and our three grandchildren Lilly, Keiran and Forrest. Lilly and Keiran had practised a song for us complete with props and actions, it was 'Row, Row, Row your Boat'. They have much better paddle action than I am able to accomplish currently (at times Keiran's zealousness in paddling had me worried for Lilly's welfare). I realize that I will have to keep practising if I want to have any chance at joining them in their ensemble in a few weeks time.
I promise not to complain in my post today, I got that over with yesterday. It was good for me to get out of our house in the evening and change up recliners for our good friends; they even let me eat my supper in their recliner; the change of scenery was good to effect a change in my attitude.
Today things looked brighter when I awakened, another beautiful sunshiney day that included a walk, several email visits with co-workers and a delicious stir fry supper made and delivered hot by my brother. Each day I am trying to push just a little farther or faster during the walk and I have started adding a few light housekeeping tasks to the day. I think I am going to get to know some of the regulars on the walking path well over the next few months, today we spoke with an 82 year old man out walking his dog. We have also made good friends with several other dogs along the path. Yesterday one made me laugh out loud as we were walking past his house. He was lying spread out on his back soaking in the sun, totally relaxed and obviously enjoying the moment. Lots to be learned from our canine friends.
Now to get back to those arm exercises ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment