Monday, July 30, 2012

Looking good

I am beginning to get very familiar with waiting rooms and they are not really my favorite places. People tend to try to avoid looking each other in the eye, there are always the usual tables with multiple magazines on them; most looking quite well read. I find that often the end of a story or a good looking recipe seems to have been torn out, making the time spent getting to that place seem to be a futile and a frustrating experience. I guess it does tend to take your mind off the reason for being there.
The lab was quite behind in their appointments this morning and I had a few tense moments wondering if I was going to be called in time to make it to my postop appointment with my surgeon. I shouldn't have been too concerned, once I made it to the surgeon's office I had at least a half an hour's wait past the scheduled appointment time. At first I decided not to bother trying to read either my Kindle or a magazine but as the waiting period grew I ended up picking up a Reader's Digest  that was fairly current and leafing through that.
Once in the examining room the surgeon reviewed the pathology report again and I got the 'could be better, but could always be worse' story, which is true. I am very glad I listened to the little voice on June 4th that told me I needed to phone that day and set things in motion or it appears things could have been much worse. Thankful!
He had a look at the incision and this time, there was no need for him to qualify his statement of  'that looks really good'. I am pleased, I have healed very well with no complications. Rod and I like to credit that to the protein smoothies he has been blending up for me every morning - they are comprised of whey protein isolate, spinach, avocado, blueberries and almond milk, all served with love. They are kind of a weird bluish green colour but if you can get beyond that they are really very good and in a way, drinking them makes me feel very righteous.
We went out for lunch to Moxie's following the appointment. The meal was fantastic. We shared some sauteed mushrooms and I had a mango chipotle grilled chicken breast, substituting the side of rice for extra vegetables; Rod had a steak and substituted his potato for extra vegetables. Very enjoyable!
Once done there, it was Costco Monday and since we will be visiting our grandchildren next week, we did a little extra damage to the budget :)

I now have a wig-fitting appointment on Wednesday afternoon at 2 p.m. That should be interesting. I am hoping they are able to find something for me that doesn't look like a wig, feels comfortable on my head, not too hot and doesn't make me look like someone I will have to introduce myself to, unless that person looks like Raquel Welch. Not too demanding, am I?

Lots more to do before the weekend.

Take care, everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment